Spring garden market
Annual event, always the first saturday in may
- Garden Market is an annual event that brings twenty (20) Vendors on the grounds, selling garden plants, and garden art items. If available, Glenmore sells local strawberries and “Strawberry Shortcake” for visitors to enjoy as well as plants from member gardens and local nurseries.
- There is a “Children’s Activity Tent” and music on the front porch.
- Admission and parking are free to the grounds.
- Special tours of the house are also available beginning at 9:30 AM and run consecutively until the last tour at 1:30 PM. Each tour is limited to fifteen (15) participants.
- Tour Prices: Adult – $10, Students – $5.00, Pre-school – FREE
- Sign-up early and reserve your tour time on the front porch.
Begins on the first Saturday in may and continues through the last weekend in october
- Tours are available each weekend on Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 1:00 PM till 4:00 PM with tours starting on the hour at the Front Door. Last tour begins at 4:00 PM. If you arrive early, walk around the grounds, or wait on the front porch. The docent on duty will meet you at the front door where you pay your admission, and the tour begins.
- Be prepared to pay with CASH as Glenmore is not equipped to take credit/debit cards
- Tours last one hour and cover all major rooms in the mansion and a few rooms in the Doll Town wing.
- If time permits, the docent may take you to the unfinished attic and tower room, on third floor.
- Tour Price Structure: Adults – $10.00, Students(K-College) – $5.00, Pre-school – FREE
- Note: If the “Private Party” sign is up at the bottom of the driveway, there will be no public tours that day.
Christmas Season candlelight tours
This event has become an annual event and attracts visitors from all over east Tennessee. Members and other volunteers decorate every room of the mansion with trees, greenery,candles, and other seasonal adornments. The lighting is primarily candlelight and thus creates an ambiance of the Victorian period when electric lighting was not common in eastern Tennessee.
- Tours are annually on the first two weekends of December (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday evenings).
- Tours are self-guided with docents stationed in every room to provide details and answer questions. Plan on at least 45 minutes to 1 hour to enjoy the tour experience.
- Homemade Christmas cookies are served at your last stop, along with Glenmore’s hot wassail (Applecider/juice with seasonal spices).
- Tour prices are the same as the other tours, Adults $10, Students $5, and Preschoolers FREE (There will be a “Mouse in the House” activity for children.)
- Pay at the door, cash only. No reservations are taken for this event.
- First Tour is at 5:00 PM and other tours begin every 15-20 minutes. Last tour is at 8:30 PM.
- Private group tours, a minimum of 10 people, are available by appointment during the weekdays of December 5th-8th and December 12th-17th. Docents will provide a one hour narrated tour with many details about the mansion as well as the Branner and Jarnagin families who called this place home. Call 865-475-5014 to schedule your group tour.
- Glenmore is handicap accessible.